Limitations of Xamarin Live Player
The Xamarin Live Player app supports the following devices:
There are some limitations on the things Xamarin Live Player can run, including the items below:
- Custom Renderers are not supported.
- Effects are not supported.
- Custom Controls with Custom Bindable Properties are not supported.
- Embedded resources are not supported (ie. embedding images or other resources in a PCL).
- Third party MVVM frameworks are not supported (ie. Prism, Mvvm Cross, Mvvm Light, etc.).
- Asset Catalogs on iOS are not supported.
Other project types
- Live Player is not intended for native Android or iOS projects (that use Android XML or Storyboards for the user interface).
- Limited support for reflection (currently affects some popular NuGets, like SQLite and Json.NET). Other NuGets may still be supported.
- Some system classes cannot be overridden (for example, you cannot implement a subclass).
- Some platform features that require provisioning can't work in the Xamarin Live Player app (however it has been configured for common operations like photo gallery access).
- Custom targets and build steps are ignored. For example, tools like Fody, Refit, AutoFac, and AutoMapper cannot be incorporated.
- F# projects are not supported on Android and limited support on iOS
- Advanced scenarios with custom generic classes and interfaces may not be supported.
Please report any additional issues on bugzilla.