Xamarin.Forms allows developers to define behavior in platform-specific projects. DependencyService then finds the right platform implementation, allowing shared code to access the native functionality.
This guide is composed of the following articles:
- Introduction – introduces the overall architecture of the
- Implementing Text-to-Speech – walks through an example of using each platform's native text-to-speech system.
- Checking Device Orientation – walks through an example of using native platform APIs to determine the device's orientation.
- Getting Battery Information – walks through an example of using native APIs to get information on the battery's status.
- Picking a Photo from the Library – walks through an example of using native APIs to pick a photo from the phone's picture library.