Group insights within My team
As a qualifying people manager, Microsoft Viva Insights gives you much-needed visibility into leading indicators of your overall team experience, wellbeing, and productivity. You can use these insights to understand current team norms and take action to create positive change.
The Group insights section within My team is only available to qualified managers. For details, see Admin tasks.
When data is processed for group insights, Microsoft protects employee privacy and fully complies with local regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) the same as for personal insights. For information about data privacy and GDPR compliance in Viva Insights, see Privacy guide.
To see Group insights in My team, confirm the following prerequisites for your team:
- Manager access - Ask your admin if Manager settings are turned On and you are not signed in or assigned any other roles for Viva Insights in Workplace Analytics.
- Licensed team - The members of your team are assigned Microsoft Viva Insights licenses and are included in the reporting hierarchy that leads to you as their manager.
- Minimum team size - Your team structure meets the minimum group size of 10 or more measured and licensed employees (including you as their manager).
- Set up the app - Ask your admin to install and set up the Viva Insights app in Teams for your organization. See Admin tasks for details.
Install, pin, and configure the app
Your setup tasks for My team are the same as for Personal insights in the Viva Insights app. See the following to install, pin, and configure the app in Teams:
View Group insights in My team
- In the left navigation bar in Teams, select Insights.
- In Viva Insights, select My team.
- In the Group insights section, you'll see a top insight about your team.
- Select Explore more to see more in-depth data about your team. See Explore group insights for details.
Briefing and digest emails
As a manager, you'll also see additional information and suggestions in your Viva Insights monthly digest and Briefing emails about your team. For details, see Viva Insights digest emails and Catch up with your team.
As you use the Viva Insights app, you can provide feedback about the app to Microsoft. To learn how, see Q10 in My team FAQ.