Set Up Non-Deductible VAT

You can calculate VAT amounts for specific types of expenses which can be partially declared as VAT. For example, on the G/L Account Card page, if you enter 75 percent in the % Non-Deductible VAT field, then 75 percent of the regular VAT amount is considered an additional cost and will be added to the net amount during posting. The remaining 25 percent will be posted as regular VAT.

Note

If no value is entered in the % Non-Deductible VAT field, the VAT amount is 100 percent deductible.

To set up the non-deductible VAT percentage

  1. Choose the Search for Page or Report icon, enter Chart of Accounts, and then choose the related link.
  2. Select a general ledger expense account that requires the partial deduction, and then choose the Edit action.
  3. On the Posting FastTab, enter the amount in % Non deductible VAT field.
  4. Choose the OK button.

See Also

Belgian VAT
Print Periodic VAT Reports