Relevance Search does not behave as expected for sandbox instances when Admin Mode is enabled
This article provides a resolution for the issues that may occur when you use the Relevance Search feature in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 sandbox instance.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics 365
Original KB number: 3216783
When using the Relevance Search feature in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 sandbox instance, you encounter one of the following symptoms:
- When Admin Mode is enabled, customization changes and data updates do not appear in Relevance Search results.
- If you enabled Relevance Search while Admin Mode is enabled, you may see The search service is unavailable. Try again later or use Categorized Search error.
This issue can occur if Admin Mode is enabled for the organization.
Disable Admin Mode for the organization:
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal as a user with an administrator role.
- Select the Admin icon to navigate to the Admin Portal.
- Select Admin centers and then select Dynamics 365 on the navigation menu.
- Select the Dynamics 365 instance and select the Admin icon.
- Uncheck the Enable administration mode checkbox and select save.
Admin Mode may be enabled after search is already running at steady state.