Move files to OneDrive
Watch: Move your files to OneDrive for Business
After you sign up for Microsoft 365 Business Premium, you'll want to copy your existing work files to OneDrive for Business. OneDrive is a good place to store personal work files or sensitive business files that you want to control access to.
- From Windows, select the Start button.
- Search for OneDrive, and select it.
- Enter your work email address.
- Select Sign in , and then select Next.
- Go through the short tutorial, and then select Open my OneDrive folder. If you also use the personal version of OneDrive, you'll see it here.
- In File Explorer, go to the files you want to copy.
- Select the files, and then drag and drop them into your OneDrive folder. Blue circular arrows beside your files mean that they're syncing to the cloud. When they're done syncing, green check marks are displayed.
In addition to working on your OneDrive files locally, you can access them from your web browser:
- In your web browser, sign in to office.com with your work email.
- Choose OneDrive. All of your files are listed, and you can work on them in the browser from any computer.