Track your Microsoft Secure Score history and meet goals
The improved Microsoft 365 Defender portal is now available. This new experience brings Defender for Endpoint, Defender for Office 365, Microsoft 365 Defender, and more into the Microsoft 365 Defender portal. Learn what's new.
Microsoft Secure Score is a measurement of an organization's security posture, with a higher number indicating more improvement actions taken. It can be found at https://security.microsoft.com/securescore in the Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
Gain insights into activity that has affected your score
View a graph of your organization's score over time in the History tab.
Below the graph is a list of all the actions taken in the selected time range and their attributes, such as resulting points and category. You can customize a date range and filter by category.
If you select the improvement action associated with an activity, the full improvement action flyout will appear.
To view all history for that specific improvement action, select the history link in the flyout.
Discover trends and set goals
In the Metrics & trends tab, there are several graphs and charts to give you more visibility into trends and set goals. You can set the date range for the whole page of visualizations. The visualizations include:
- Your Secure Score zone - Customized based on your organization's goals and definitions of good, okay, and bad score ranges.
- Regression trend - A timeline of points that have regressed because of configuration, user, or device changes.
- Comparison trend - How your organization's Secure Score compares to others' over time. This view can include lines representing the score average of organizations with similar seat count and a custom comparison view that you can set.
- Risk acceptance trend - Timeline of improvement actions marked as "risk accepted."
- Score changes - The number of points achieved, points regressed, and changes to your score in the specified date range.
Compare your score to organizations like yours
There are two places to see how your score compares to organizations that are similar to yours.
Comparison bar chart
The comparison bar chart is available on the Overview tab. Hover over the chart to view the score and score opportunity.
Organizations like yours is an average score of other tenants in same region (provided we have at least five or more tenants to compare) with a similar organization size to yours.
The comparison data is anonymized so we don’t know exactly which others tenants are in the mix.
In the Metrics & trends tab, view how your organization's Secure Score compares to others' over time.
We want to hear from you
If you have any issues, let us know by posting in the Security, Privacy & Compliance community. We're monitoring the community and will provide help.