How to use Outlook Web App to remotely wipe an ActiveSync device in Office 365
This article describes how to use Microsoft Outlook Web App to remotely wipe a mobile device in Office 365.
To remotely wipe a mobile device in Outlook Web App, the mobile device must be connected to Microsoft Exchange Online by using Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. If you lose the mobile device, you can use the remote wiping feature to prevent someone from obtaining your personal information from the device.
To remotely wipe a device by using Outlook Web App, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the Office 365 portal.
- Select Mail.
- Select Settings, and then select Options.
- In the left navigation pane, select Phone.
- Select the device that you want to wipe.
- Select Wipe Device, and then select Yes when you're prompted.
- When the wipe operation is completed, you should remove the device completely. To do this, select Delete, and then select Yes when you're prompted.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.