Overview of set-up procedures
You can develop applications with Azure Sphere on a Windows or Linux system with the following prerequisites:
- An Azure Sphere Development Kit.
- Either a PC running Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later, or a Linux machine running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
- An unused USB port and, if you're running a virtual machine, support for USB pass-through.
If you have an Azure Sphere development kit that has not yet been used, start by connecting your kit to your machine and installing software.
- On Windows, Install the Azure Sphere SDK for Windows.
- On Linux, Install the Azure Sphere SDK for Linux.
Next, set up your development environment:
Then complete these steps and you'll be up and running: