Troubleshooting guide for Xbox 360 PC setup issues
This article is intended to serve as a central location for all links to troubleshooting documentation that I have posted so far for Xbox 360 PC setup. As new documentation is created, I will continue to add to this article.
Resolving crashes when launching Xbox 360 PC setup
- How to repair the .NET Framework 1.0 to fix Xbox 360 PC setup crashes
- How to repair the .NET Framework 1.1 to fix Xbox 360 PC setup crashes
- How to fix Xbox 360 PC setup crash caused by an old file left behind in the GAC
- List of Microsoft Knowledge Base articles related to installing and using an Xbox 360 Media Center extender
- Log files created by Xbox 360 PC setup
- FAQ for configuring an Xbox 360 as a Windows Media Center extender
- Enabling a Windows Media Center Extender if Windows Live OneCare is installed on the system
If all else fails...
The Media Center Extender team at Microsoft regularly monitors the newsgroup named Microsoft.Public.Windows.MediaCenter to search for Xbox 360 PC setup issues. If you run into issues installing or configuring an Xbox 360 as a Windows Media Center extender, please search that newsgroup for similar issues, and if none are found, please post a new thread there so that the team will be more likely to see the issues and respond to them in a timely manner.