Publish 3 new apps to receive a Nokia Lumia 710 or 4 new apps to receive a Nokia Lumia 800 #20120831 (strictly for Australian based developers)
Firstly, I’d like thank those who entered the Australian Windows Phone Developer Community Download Challenge, and to congratulate the 30 lucky winners who have now received their Nokia Lumia 800.
The overall winner was Dominic’s “Gym PocketGuide”, with 19500 downloads, well done Dominic.
Secondly, I’d like to announce another Apps to win a Nokia Lumia Phone. So here are the details.
Yes that’s right, publish apps on to the Windows Phone Marketplace and be a winner, but first be sure to read this summary of Terms and Conditions for Nokia Lumia Phone Challenge #20120831 (Full Terms and Conditions can be found here).
Qualifying apps must be published between Aug 31st 2012 and 12 midnight EST Nov 2nd, 2012.
Publish 3 new apps for a Nokia Lumia 710 (limited to first 50 developers to publish 3 apps) or 4 new apps for a Nokia Lumia 800 (limited to first 10 developers to publish 4 apps). The offer is limited to 1 phone per developer.
The sooner you publish your new apps the sooner you’ll receive your phone.
Apps must be new and published to the public marketplace and excludes updates to existing apps.
This offer is only open to Australian based developers who submit apps to an Australian registered Windows Phone Marketplace account.
For budgeting purposes, this offer is limited to 10 x Lumia 800s and 50 x Nokia Lumia 710s and is limited to 1 phone per developer.
There are a number of promotions in progress with Nokia in Australia; the apps submitted for this challenge must differ from those submitted elsewhere. ie no double counting.
How to Claim your Nokia Lumia 710 or Nokia Lumia 800
When you’ve successfully published the new apps as per the Terms and Conditions then email email@example.com, subject “Windows Phone Apps for a Nokia Phone Challenge #20120831” and include the deep links to the 3 or more apps for a Nokia Lumia 710.
Status of the Challenge
I will post a tally of the number of developers completely the challenge via twitter tags #wp7au #20120831.
Stuff to help you succeed
If you are an Australian based developer or designer, then please register at http://wp.msdeveloper.com.au to request
- a token for free Windows Phone Marketplace Registration
- a loan phone for testing your apps
While you are at http://wp.msdeveloper.com.au take a moment and head to “Connect” and connect with other Australian Windows Phone Developers and Designers.
Optional, but appreciated to help with planning, from http://wp.msdeveloper.com.au/pages/events.aspx please register your interest to participate in the “Publish 3 new apps and win a Nokia Lumia 710 or 4 new apps and win a Nokia Lumia 800 Challenge” event.
Refer a Developer Buddy
If you have a developer or designer buddy you think would be interested in Windows Phone development then please refer them to http://wp.livews.net and pass on the details of this challenge.
General Tips for Entering this Challenge
- If you haven’t already done so, then register on Windows Phone Marketplace now. If appropriate, personal registrations are easier with less verification needed than a company registration. See the App Hub Developer Registration Walkthrough.
- Keep initial feature set simple and quality high, especially if this is your first app; you can always add additional features in future updates.
- Read the Windows Phone 7 Application Submission Walkthrough and Application Certification Requirements for Windows Phone, especially the Application and content guidelines sections.
- Run the “Marketplace Test Kit” tool before submitting your app to Marketplace. From Visual Studio right mouse click your project, you’ll see the “Open Marketplace Test Kit” option (requires Windows Phone 7.1 SDK), it will save time and hopefully streamline your app submission.
- Allow time for you app to go through the marketplace certification process.
For information on getting started building Windows Phone apps, support, training, blogs and more then head to http://wp.msdeveloper.com.au/pages/Resources.aspx