SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3 has released.
UPDATE (June 21 2016): This service pack is now available in the Microsoft Update Catalog .
Microsoft SQL Server Product team is pleased to announce the release of SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3 (SP3).
As part of our continued commitment to software excellence for our customers, this upgrade is free and doesn’t require an additional service contract. Both, the Service Pack and Feature Pack updates are available for download on the Microsoft Download
SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 contains fixes to issues that have been reported internally, through our customer feedback platforms, and Hotfix solutions provided since SQL Server
2008 R2 Service Pack 2 up to and including Cumulative Update 13. It is primarily a roll up of Cumulative Updates as it is the last Service Pack for SQL Server 2008 R2. It also includes the MS14-044 update.
We will not release Cumulative Updates for SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3.
To obtain SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 please visit the links below:
SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 will release through other distribution channels over the next couple of weeks.
- We are not releasing SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Service Pack 3 refresh (i.e. slipstream bundle of Express with SP3 included). However, you can apply SP3 to SQL Server 2008 R2 Express instances running on RTM or other update version prior to SP3.
- This Service Pack will not be available on Microsoft Update. To facilitate the deployment on your side you could either use custom rules in SCCM or local publishing in WSUS as explained here.
- Slipstream technology is not available for SQL Server 2008 R2. To slipstream a SQL Server 2008 R2 with Service Pack 3 please see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/petersad/archive/2011/07/13/how-to-slipstream-sql-server-2008-r2-and-a-sql-server-2008-r2-service-pack-1-sp1.aspx.
- October 16th 2014: We have discovered an issue with Report Builder 3.0 that ships with SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3.You will find on the SQL Server Release Services blog a public message sharing details and mitigations.
Also, we are planning to release SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 4 within a few weeks.
Related Downloads & Documents:
- Knowledge Base Article for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3
- How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 Cumulative Updates released
- Support and lifecycle dates of SQL Server 2008 R2
- Understanding Incremental Servicing Model for SQL Server
Senior Program Manager/SQL Server.
Servicing PM of High Availability and MobileTechnologies.
Feature PM Replication Technologies.
Business owner/release PM of Service Packs.