Rangers Flash – February 2012
- Visual Studio 11 Readiness “Gig” Wave #1 has shipped … Welcome to Visual Studio 11 ALM Rangers Readiness Beta “Wave” … more to come on weekly wave updates.
- Vladimir Gusarov translated the announcement for our Russian speaking community
Give us feedback!
- Ask a question on the respective CodePlex discussion forums
- Submit a suggestion on UserVoice, using the Rangers Project category tag.
- Contact me on my blog for more details
- Visual Studio 2010 Coded UI Word Add-In has been published today on http://vsarcodeduiword.codeplex.com
- ALM Ranger Awards … Welcome our new Visual Studio ALM Ranger Champions and the (UN)HIDE button
- Rangers introduced on the Ranger Index (Who is Who?) in February include: Anil Chandra Lingam and Krithika Sambamoorthy
- MVP Summit … from Willy’s view:
- MVP Summit – The day of the (UN)HIDE button
- MVP Summit – The day of the box of painaids
- MVP Summit – The day of quiet … no MVPs :(
- MVP Summit – The last (best) day!
- MVP Summit – Dust has settled and Mike had excess baggage :)
- February 23rd Jim Szubryt and Prasanna Ramkumar presented to the Chicago ALM User Group (www.chicagoalmug.org) the features in the Team Foundation Server Preview and //BUILD/ version. They covered how to use the Team Foundation Server Preview for managing work items, Teams, the board and dashboard views. From the Visual Studio 11 perspective Story Boarding, Team Explorer enhancements and Feedback Manager were discussed. The Chicago ALM UG meets monthly, alternating between the downtown Chicago and Downers Grove offices. Next month’s meeting will be a hands on working with the Visual Studio 11 Beta image that came out on February 29th.
In the picture is Dan Sniderman, Jim Szubryt, Jeff Brick, Prasanna Ramkumar and Nermin Debik
- Are you in Canada? If yes, peruse Get brained up on Windows Phone and build your app.
- Hosam Kamel has created a list for ALM Ranger tweets: https://twitter.com/#!/HosamKamel/almrangers
Call to Action for ALM Rangers!
- CALL #1 … One thing we love is celebrating your successes. Unfortunately not being omniscient we simply don’t know about many of them. So if you have done or know of some outstanding contributions/actions please send them to Chuck and Willy to post in our internal newsletters that go to our upper management and the MVP leads.
- CALL #2 … Update your personal contact details in the Ranger Contact Details to avoid losing access to the ALM Ranger infrastructure if you have not already done so!
- CALL #3 … Update your personal activities in the Ranger FY12 Activity list to ensure your contributions will be recognized!
- CALL #4 … Review the BETA releases and give the teams candid feedback. If you have spare bandwidth and would like to help one or more of the teams with the final push towards RC release, then please contact the relevant project leads. Find the list of projects, teams and project leads in FY12 Projects.
Conversation overheard in one of the Rangers team …
Thanks guys, I just downloaded and started the latest ALM Rangers base VM. It is great, but …
…. long silence … I think I may have a problem with my display drivers, because all the colo(u)rs are gone in Visual Studio?
This true story highlights the challenges of working with bleeding edge technology and builds, which preceded the explanation of the new user interface strategy. After a drink, however, this conversation is quite a funny story, which our Zombie Sabbatical champ will have to live with for a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time
|To conclude, here are two more pictures from John Bergman … … when did you last backup you data?|
For more information refer to: Rangers Website | Rangers Solutions | Rangers Blog .
To include content in future Ranger Flashes: Send your one-two liners to us latest a week before the last day of the month.