Quickstart: Configure server firewall - Portal
This quickstart helps you configure a firewall for your Azure Analysis Services server. Enabling a firewall and configuring IP address ranges for only those computers accessing your server are an important part of securing your server and data.
- An Analysis Services server in your subscription. To learn more, see Quickstart: Create a server - Portal or Quickstart: Create a server - PowerShell
- One or more IP address ranges for client computers (if needed).
Sign in to the Azure portal
Configure a firewall
- Click on your server to open the Overview page.
- In SETTINGS > Firewall > Enable firewall, click On.
- To allow DirectQuery access from Power BI service, in Allow access from Power BI, click On.
- (Optional) Specify one or more IP address ranges. Enter a name, starting, and ending IP address for each range.
Clean up resources
When no longer needed, delete IP address ranges, or disable the firewall.
In this quickstart, you learned how to configure a firewall for your server. Now that you have server, and secured it with a firewall, you can add a basic sample data model to it from the portal. Having a sample model is helpful to learn about configuring model database roles and testing client connections. To learn more, continue to the tutorial for adding a sample model.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.