Azure Resource Manager template functions
This article describes all the functions you can use in an Azure Resource Manager template. For information about using functions in your template, see template syntax.
To create your own functions, see User-defined functions.
Most functions work the same when deployed to a resource group, subscription, management group, or tenant. A few functions can't be used in all scopes. They're noted in the lists below.
Array and object functions
Resource Manager provides several functions for working with arrays and objects.
Resource Manager provides several functions for making comparisons in your templates.
Deployment value functions
Resource Manager provides the following functions for getting values from sections of the template and values related to the deployment:
Resource Manager provides the following functions for working with logical conditions:
Resource Manager provides the following functions for working with integers:
Resource Manager provides the following functions for getting resource values:
- resourceGroup - can only be used in deployments to a resource group.
- resourceId - can be used at any scope, but the valid parameters change depending on the scope.
- subscription - can only be used in deployments to a resource group or subscription.
Resource Manager provides the following functions for working with strings:
- For a description of the sections in an Azure Resource Manager template, see Authoring Azure Resource Manager templates
- To merge multiple templates, see Using linked templates with Azure Resource Manager
- To iterate a specified number of times when creating a type of resource, see Create multiple instances of resources in Azure Resource Manager.
- To see how to deploy the template you've created, see Deploy an application with Azure Resource Manager template