Audio Content Creation
Audio Content Creation is an online tool that allows you to customize and fine-tune Microsoft's text-to-speech output for your apps and products. You can use this tool to fine-tune public and custom voices for more accurate natural expressions, and manage your output in the cloud.
The Audio Content Creation tool is based on Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML). To simplify customization and tuning, Audio Content Creation allows you to visually inspect your text-to-speech outputs in real time.
How does it work?
This diagram shows the steps it takes to tune and export customized speech-to-text outputs. Use the links below to learn more about each step.
The first step is to create an Azure account, register a Speech resource, and get a subscription key. After you have a subscription key, you can use it to call the Speech service, and to access Audio Content Creation.
Create an audio tuning file using plain text or SSML.
Choose the voice and the language that you'd like to tune. Audio Content Creation includes all of the Microsoft text-to-speech voices. You can use standard, neural, or your own custom voice.
Gated access is available for Custom Neural Voices, which allow you to create high-definition voices similar to natural-sounding speech. For additional details, see Gating process.
Review the default result. Then use the tuning tool to adjust pronunciation, pitch, rate, intonation, voice style, and more. For a complete list of options, see Speech Synthesis Markup Language.
Save and export your tuned audio. When you save the tuning track in the system, you can continue to work and iterate on the output. When you're satisfied with the output, you can create an audio creation task with the export feature. You can observe the status of the export task, and download the output for use with your apps and products.
The last step is to use the custom tuned voice in your apps and products.
Create a Speech resource
Follow these steps to create a Speech resource and connect it with Speech Studio.
- Follow these instructions to sign up for an Azure account and create a Speech resource. Make sure that your pricing tier is set to S0. If you are using one of the Neural voices, make sure that you create your resource in a supported region.
- Sign into Audio Content Creation.
- Select an existing project, or click Create New.
- You can modify your subscription at any time with the Settings option, located in the top nav.
Create an audio tuning file
There are two ways to get your content into the Audio Content Creation tool.
- After you sign into Audio Content Creation, click Audio Tuning to create a new audio tuning file.
- When the editing window appears, you can input up to 10,000 characters.
- Don't forget to save.
After you sign into Audio Content Creation, click Upload to import one or more text files. Both plain text and SSML are supported.
When you upload your text files, make sure that the content meets these requirements.
Property Value / Notes File format Plain text (.txt)
SSML text (.txt)
Zip files aren't supported
Encoding format UTF-8 File name Each file must have a unique name. Duplicates aren't supported. Text length Text files must not exceed 10,000 characters. SSML restrictions Each SSML file can only contain a single piece of SSML.
Plain text example
Welcome to use Audio Content Creation to customize audio output for your products.
SSML text example
<speak xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/10/synthesis" xmlns:mstts="http://www.w3.org/2001/mstts" version="1.0" xml:lang="en-US"> <voice name="Microsoft Server Speech Text to Speech Voice (en-US, JessaNeural)"> Welcome to use Audio Content Creation <break time="10ms" />to customize audio output for your products. </voice> </speak>
Export tuned audio
After you've reviewed your audio output and are satisfied with your tuning and adjustment, you can export the audio.
- From the Audio Content Creation tool, click Export to create an audio creation task.
- Choose the output format for your tuned audio. A list of supported formats and sample rates is available below.
- You can view the status of the task on the Export task tab. If the task fails, see the detailed information page for a full report.
- When the task is complete, your audio is available for download on the Audio Library tab.
- Click Download. Now you're ready to use your custom tuned audio in your apps or products.
Supported audio formats
|Format||16 kHz sample rate||24 kHz sample rate|