Azure Cosmos DB Documentation
Azure Cosmos DB is a fully managed database service with turnkey global distribution and transparent multi-master replication. You can run globally distributed, low-latency operational and analytics workloads and AI on transactional data within your database. Learn how to use Azure Cosmos DB with our quickstarts, tutorials, and samples.
Learn about global distribution, partitioning, provisioned throughput, indexing, and other concepts that apply to all of the Azure Cosmos DB APIs.
Use the SQL API if you're building a new non-relational document database and want to query using familiar SQL syntax.
Use the Gremlin API if you're building a graph database to model and traverse relationships among entities.
Azure Cosmos DB's API for MongoDB
Use the Azure Cosmos DB's API for MongoDB if you are migrating data from a MongoDB database to Azure Cosmos DB's fully managed service.
Use the Table API if you are migrating data from Azure Table storage to Azure Cosmos DB's premium table offering.
Use the Cassandra API if you are migrating data from Cassandra to Azure Cosmos DB's fully managed service.
Learn how to use Azure Cosmos DB to create a globally distributed database using one of the following quickstarts for the multi-model APIs:
|API for MongoDB|
Learn how to develop apps using Azure Cosmos DB:
- Develop an app with Azure Cosmos DB: SQL | MongoDB | Table | Gremlin | Cassandra
- Migrate data to Azure Cosmos DB: SQL | MongoDB | Table | Cassandra
- Query data with Azure Cosmos DB: SQL | MongoDB | Table | Gremlin
- Global database replication with Azure Cosmos DB: SQL | MongoDB | Table
- Develop your application locally using the emulator
- Create an HTTP Trigger with an Azure Cosmos DB input binding