Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Service Update 171 Release Notes
Service Update 171 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 171.
Note: Service Update naming convention has been revised to clarify the link between the version number and Service Update number.
For example, Service Update 150 will now correspond to version number 150xx. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all associated fixes will be rolled into a subsequent Service Update. For this reason, Service Update numbers may not always increase incrementally.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 171 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0||184.108.40.20602 (or higher)|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
An (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 171 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Timeline notes with line break characters displayed without line breaks.
- While navigating with a keyboard, the keyboard focus would go to the top navigation bar after closing a popup.
- Change notifications had not flowed for batch operations.*
- Skipped components were reported as unprocessed after importing a managed solution.
- Some emails were being sent multiple times when the response from Exchange took more than 20 seconds.
- The quick view user interface displayed a blank data set with blank data values for new, customized virtual entities.
- Hierarchy chart displayed forms that had been removed in App Designer.
- When using the Customer Service Hub app, status text was shifted outside of the set page layout when the display settings were increased to 400% capacity.
- Performing a page refresh did not refresh the assistant control.
- Child Business Unit users were unable to view Excel document templates.
- Exporting a contact list with the "include related" filter setting resulted in an export file that included all of the contact items.
- When formatting emails, copy and paste functions did not retain formatting.
- When creating a new opportunity chart, the user interface labeled the chart with the data set name instead of the entity name which resulted in a duplicate entry in the chart legend.
- On Android tablet, the keyboard disappeared when filtering a lookup column within a grid page.
- Menu options were not displayed when creating a new journal.*
- Custom controls did not allow logical fields to be mapped through form editor.
- Default users did not show in the from field lookup when using the Send Direct email option.
- Map control did not lead in offline mode on the Field Service player.
- Long, single-word titles pushed dialog buttons off-screen.
- Users did not have read permissions for the user dashboard if user's role was assigned from a Team.
- A white space was shown below the header in Grid/Calendar view for Accounts/Bookings/Work Orders on iOS.
- When using the Marketing app, Narrator described incorrect dialog following each action performed while using the Calculator feature.
- The Flow button was not present in the custom entity command bar in on-premise solutions.
- The Quick Find Search did not clear when changing the view on the home page grid.
- The support code did not return true when attempting to change the requirement level in a Quick Form within an Appointment Form.
- When creating a new custom entity, the user interface did not use the specified form field as a focal point for input when the form was flagged for containing incomplete information.
- Card form footer fields did not display labels as well as values.
- On iOS, when attempting to discard a service task on, a prompt would appear causing the screen to dim and become unresponsive.
- When language was set to a non-English language, deleting a user dashboard would return the incorrect confirmation.
- Editable grid currency fields went to four decimal places when editing, but only two after saving.
- Performing a browser refresh after an MFD Save and Close redirected to an incorrect form.
- When using a web app with custom entities, the user interface did not display the command bar in the browser window.
- In the Accounts section of the Customer Service Hub, the user interface displayed the HTML associated with the "Current view" option for the "Email a link" button.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
Business Process and Analytics
- An error occurred when attempting to create leads when the user language was set to German.
- When creating a custom workflow or plugin, an error message that did not address customization was triggered when attempting to create an email.
- An error occurred when uploading image files to new entities.
- An error would occur when saving and publishing currency fields with more than four decimal places.*
- When creating a new or existing opportunity, an error message was triggered when attempting to modify an entity in the data set.
- The error code, “0x8004a113“ had occurred when users without required privileges attempted to access an organization that is in Admin Only mode.
- An error message was triggered when attempting to upload a deployment package that was not recognized by the deployment verification process.*
- When applying the Advanced filter to a data set, an error message was triggered when the filter criteria was applied.
- When using the Customer Service Hub app in Internet Explorer 11, an error message was displayed when attempting to view the account data and dashboard menu.*
- In offline mode, an error occurred when locating data using a Quick Find operation.
- An error message was triggered when creating a dashboard using custom controls.
- The error, “0x80040203 Invalid Argument” occurred when attempting to filter Start date column with a value of 0 or less.
- The error, “you do not have sufficient access rights or privileges to perform this action" was displayed when selecting the “Promote to admin” option for enabled users within settings.*
Return to the all version availability page.
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here