Overview of Dynamics 365 Sales 2019 release wave 2
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
Dynamics 365 Sales is an enterprise-grade customer engagement software that enables sales teams to build strong relationships with their customers, take actions based on insights, and close deals faster. As the most popular application on the Dynamics 365 platform, Sales encompasses many scenarios that range from traditional outbound sales models to complex configurations that meet many large enterprise business needs.
The product is designed to offer a turn-key solution for lightweight needs with Dynamics 365 Sales Professional, supporting customized experiences as these organizations grow and expand. Dynamics 365 Sales is purpose-built, helping organizations increase revenue with actionable insights that drive more relevant and authentic customer engagements, all while maximizing productivity.
Our customers and prospects seek stability and satisfaction in their investment with Dynamics 365. To bet their sales strategies on Dynamics 365 Sales, these customers need to trust the stability of our software. Stability includes standard fundamentals like availability, performance, and supportability but also other important aspects, such as compliance, data protection, security, and communications. Satisfaction needs are primarily centered on the ease of use of the product and a minimum number of steps to complete each scenario.
In 2019 release wave 2, we are investing heavily in the stability and satisfaction of the platform, delivering more value to our customers. These improvements are centered around the following themes:
- Reliability and performance: Continue to provide improved performance, scalability, availability, extensibility, and supportability to help sellers focus on customer relationships.
- Modern and simple user interface: Continue to streamline and simplify key scenarios most mentioned in user feedback. Simplified processes, eliminating extra clicks, and improvements that help make sellers’ lives easier.
- Relationship-selling enhancements: Invest in integrations that let sellers quickly transition between CRM and communications, without the need to switch context, ensuring conversations are authentic and meaningful.
- Sales productivity: Go beyond simplification to offer intelligence, turning data into insights that can help organizations increase revenue and empower sellers to have more personal conversations.
- Ecosystem enablement: With Dynamics 365 Sales, sellers can leverage the power of the Microsoft ecosystem to increase the effectiveness of their selling activities.