Access contextual list of Microsoft Teams channel and chats from within Dynamics 365
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to Overview of Dynamics 365 Sales. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||Early access||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Sep 15, 2021||-||-|
A salesperson within Dynamics 365 Sales can access their list of Microsoft Teams chats and channels that are:
- Associated with the Dynamics 365 entity page they are on.
- The most recent chat conversations.
Salespeople will be able to clearly distinguish the primary channel or chat session associated with the Dynamics 365 entity.
Key problems to be solved:
- Quick and transparent access to primary stakeholder group. Users will want to quickly engage the primary stakeholder group and not have to sift through a list of channels or chats associated with the account.
- Dynamics 365 as an organizing layer for sales collaboration. Microsoft Teams can be unwieldy for organizing the many sales collaboration sessions across channels and chats. The structure of Dynamics 365 ensures that users know where to find collaboration activity for a given entity.
- Access to linked Microsoft Teams chats.
- Access to linked Microsoft Teams channels.
- Access to recent teams chat list.
- Ability to link and unlink chats to record.
- Ability to link and unlink channels to record.
- Message preview.
- Message avatar and presence.
- Context of chat and channel list changes as user navigates around Dynamics 365.