Vendor invoices, 3-way match, and verification experiences for Project Operations Lite Deployment scenarios
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to Project Operations updates. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||-||Mar 31, 2022|
This feature provides better visibility and control over all aspects of the subcontract components on a project as they relate to vendor invoicing by providing three-way matching and verification.
Vendor invoices represent a sizable portion of costs on a project in any project-oriented business. Project Operations has comprehensive support for time, expense, and material use on projects. However, managing external costs from vendor invoices was handled as complicated journal lines. In this release wave, Project Operations has prioritized making vendor invoice recording more manageable. The key capabilities of this new functionality include the ability to:
- Create and edit vendor invoices.
- Use three-way matching to show all matched cost components from time, expense, and material actuals for verification for vendor invoices that reference a subcontract.
- Manage the verification status and allow confirmation of a vendor invoice to record vendor invoice-based costs on projects.
- Manage milestone-based vendor invoices and related verification.
- Manage verification status on vendor invoices coming directly from another system without a related subcontract in Project Operations.