How to install Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Applies to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement apps version 9.x
This article describes how to install the Dynamics 365 for Field Service application for Dynamics 365 (online). It also includes steps to install the mobile solution, and describes how field technicians download and install the mobile app from their device's app store.
Before you begin, you need a Dynamics 365 (online) organization with system administrator access. If you don't already have one set up, sign up for a Field Service trial.
Install the application
You can add a trial or a purchased subscription of the Field Service application to a Dynamics 365 organization.
Add a Field Service trial to a Dynamics 365 organization
Using system administrator credentials, sign in to the Dynamics 365 organization.
Go to Settings > Microsoft AppSource. Search for field service trial, select Dynamics 365 for Field Service trial, and then select Free Trial.
- In the Organization to add the application to drop-down list, select the Dynamics 365 organization name. Review the terms and conditions, and then select Agree. Installation may take several minutes.
Purchase a subscription of Field Service and add it to a Dynamics 365 organization
- On the Office365 Admin Center go to Billing > Purchase Services.
- Select Dynamics 365 for Field Service Enterprise Edition, and then select Buy now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application. Installation may take several minutes.
Verify that the installation is complete
- Verify that the Field Service application is available from the Dynamics 365 Main Menu.
- Verify that the Dynamics 365 custom application includes the Field Service module.
Install the Field Service mobile solution
The mobile solution enables field technicians to use the mobile application and allows administrators to customize the mobile experience.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to https://www.resco.net/mobilecrm/woodford.html.
- On the installation screen, select Download for 2013, 2015 & 2016. Save the downloaded file to a location other than the Downloads folder on your computer.
- On the Dynamics 365 organization, go to Settings > Solutions. Select Import.
- On the Select Solution Package screen, select the Woodford_#_#_#_#_managed.zip file, and then select Next.
- After the import completes, verify that Woodford appears on the Settings menu. If you don't see it, refresh the page.
Import the default mobile configuration
After you install the Field Service mobile solution, you need to download and import a template that allows you to configure the mobile app for the organization.
The template contains all customizations for the Field Service mobile app, and is called a mobile project. A mobile project allows you to customize the mobile experience across devices. For example, you use a mobile project to add, remove, and change fields, entities, views, and forms on the mobile app.
You use the Woodford admin interface to import a template, manage settings, set up mobile devices, and customize the mobile app for field technicians and other users.
- To open the Woodford admin interface, open Internet Explorer. In the Dynamics 365 organization, go to Settings > Woodford > MobileCRM Woodford.
- Set the storage quota to 100MB, and then select OK.
Register yourself as a user.
Download and save the template file in a location other than the Downloads folder.
- Import the template file.
- In the Add Mobile Project dialog, enter a name and a priority. Assign the template to all field service security roles. Select OK.
- Double-click the project template, and then select Publish.
The published version number must match the version of the mobile app. To find the version of the mobile app, open the mobile app on a phone or tablet. On the home screen, select About. Note that the version only needs to match the first decimal.
- Verify that the mobile configuration is published by checking that there is an arrow next to the project.
Warning: This is a trial license and is valid for 30 days. The trial can be extended for development and testing purposes. Purchasing a Dynamics 365 for Field Service license entitles you to a limited Woodford license. Request a Woodford trial extension at the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/field-service/activate-fs-mobile-app-license
Download the Field Service Mobile (2017) app on a phone or tablet
Field technicians track work orders and on-site service calls using the mobile app on a phone or tablet.
To get the mobile app, download Field Service Mobile (2017) from the Windows, iOS, or Android app store.