How to install Dynamics 365 for Field Service
Applies to Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement apps version 9.x
This article describes how to install the Dynamics 365 for Field Service application for Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (online). It also includes steps to install the mobile solution, and describes how field technicians download and install the mobile app from their device's app store.
Installations and upgrades of the Field Service application typically take 30 or more minutes.
Before you begin, you need a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (online) organization with system administrator access. If you don't already have one set up, sign up for a Field Service trial.
Install the application
You can add a trial or a purchased subscription of the Field Service application to a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization.
Add a Field Service trial to a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization
Using system administrator credentials, sign in to the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization.
Go to Settings > Microsoft AppSource. Search for field service trial, select Dynamics 365 for Field Service trial, and then select Free Trial.
- In the Organization to add the application to drop-down list, select the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization name. Review the terms and conditions, and then select Agree. Installation may take several minutes.
Purchase a subscription of Field Service and add it to a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization
- On the Office365 Admin Center go to Billing > Purchase Services.
- Select Dynamics 365 for Field Service Enterprise Edition, and then select Buy now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application. Installation may take several minutes.
Verify that the installation is complete
- Verify that the Field Service application is available from the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Main Menu.
- Verify that the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement custom application includes the Field Service module.
Download the Field Service Mobile app on a phone or tablet
You will not be able to use the Field Service Mobile application with your Dynamics 365 organization until you have followed all of the steps below and set up users and bookable resources enabled for mobile app access.
Dynamics 365 for Field Service provides the cross-platform, multi-device Field Service Mobile application that is specifically crafted to the field service worker's needs. The mobile application is entirely customizable and extensible, allowing any organization to brand the application as its own, define what types of data field service workers can access, and much more.
To get the mobile app, download Field Service Mobile from the Windows, Apple, or Google Play app stores, or visit the following links. Field Service Mobile requires Field Service versions 7.5.5 and 8.2+.
Install the Field Service Mobile configuration tool
The configuration tool allows app access for field technician users, and allows administrators to customize the mobile experience.
Download the mobile configuration tool and save to your computer.
In the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization, go to Settings > Solutions. Select Import.
- On the Select Solution Package screen, select the Woodford_#_#_#_#_managed.zip file, and then select Next.
- After the import completes, verify that Woodford appears on the Settings menu. If you don't see it, refresh the page.
Import the mobile project template
After you install the Field Service Mobile configuration tool, you need to download and import a mobile project that allows you to configure the mobile app for your organization.
The mobile project template contains all customizations for the Field Service Mobile app. A mobile project allows you to customize the mobile experience across devices. For example, you use a mobile project to add, remove, and change fields, entities, views, and forms on the mobile app.
- Open the Mobile Configuration Tool (Woodford) by going to Settings > Woodford and selecting MobileCRM Woodford HTML5. If you experience trouble opening or performing functions in the HTML5 version, you can use the MobileCRM Woodford Legacy in a non-private Internet Explorer browser window.
You may be asked to set a storage quota. Set to 500MB, and then select OK.
Register yourself as a user.
Download mobile project for Field Service Mobile (latest) Field Service v7.5.5 and v8.2+ and save in a location other than the Downloads folder.
- The mobile project is updated periodically; bookmark this website for regular access the latest mobile project.
For previous mobile apps for D365 for Field Service, use the following mobile projects:
- Download mobile project for Field Service Mobile (2017) Field Service v6.1.
- Download mobile project for Field Service Mobile (2016) Field Service v6.0.
- Import the mobile project file.
- In the Add Mobile Project dialog,
- enter the name of the mobile project file
- enter a priority value
- assign the template to all field service security roles
- Select OK
- Select and highlight the mobile project template and select Derive.
- Enter a name, a higher priority, and assign to relevant field service security roles.
- Double-click the mobile project template parent, and then select Publish All.
For Field Service Mobile v11.2, publish to 11.2.
- Verify the mobile configurations are published by checking for an arrow next to the projects.
This is a trial license and is valid for 30 days. The trial can be extended by following the guidance in this topic: Extend Field Service Mobile configuration tool trial.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.