Customer profiles: Search & filter index
The result of unifying your customer data is a Customer Profile entity that provides a unified view into your total customer base. To quickly find information on a specific customer or group of customers, you can configure the Search and Filter capabilities on the Customers page. Read on to learn how admins can edit the attributes on the Search & filter index page, which are available to users for searching and filtering.
Add fields and specify attributes
If it's the first time you define searchable attributes as an administrator, you need to define indexed fields first. We suggest you choose all the attributes by which users can search and filter customers on the Customers page. You can only specify attributes that exist in the Customer Profile entity that you created during the data unification process.
Open the Customers page and select Search & filter index.
Select + Add to specify the indexed fields.
Select the attributes in the list you want to add as indexed fields. You can always add more attributes by selecting Add. You can also remove any selected attributes by selecting the Remove symbol.
Explore the Indexed customer fields table
The following information is presented in the table.
- Name: Represents the attribute's name as it appears in the Customer Profile entity.
- Data type: Specifies whether the data type is a string, a number, or a date.
- Included in search: Specifies whether this attribute can be used for searching customers on the Customers page using the Search field.
- Add Filter: Control to define how this attribute can be used for filtering on the Customers page.
Editing filtering options for a given attribute
The Filter menu on the Customers page can include a varying number of attribute levels (for example, different age groups to filter customers by).
- Select Add Filter for a given attribute on the Search & filter index page. You can define the number of results and the order in which they'll be organized. Depending on the attribute's data type, one of the following panes appears.
String-type attributes: Specify the number of desired results on the String filter options pane and the order policy by which they'll be organized.
Numerical-type attributes: Specify the intervals included on the Number filter options pane and the order policy by which they'll be organized.
Date-type attributes: Specify the intervals included on the Date filter options pane and the order policy by which they'll be organized.
Select Save to apply your changes.
Select Run once you're ready to apply your settings. After the changes are processed, you find them in the customer cards on the Customer page.
Review the unified profiles page to search for profiles or use the indexed fields to see a subset of all unified profiles.