Platform updates for version 10.0.12 of Finance and Operations apps (August 2020)
Effective November 2020:
- Common Data Service has been renamed to Microsoft Dataverse. For more information, see Power Automate Blog.
- Some terminology in Microsoft Dataverse has been updated. For example, entity is now table and field is now column. For more information, see Terminology updates.
This topic will be updated soon to reflect the latest terminology.
This topic lists the features that are included in the platform updates for version 10.0.12 of Finance and Operations apps. (These updates were formerly referred to as Platform update 36.) This version has a build number of 7.0.5688 and is available on the following schedule:
- Preview release: May 2020
- General availability (self-update): July 2020
- Auto-update: August 2020
Features included in this release
- Designate fields as required via the Personalization toolbar – For more information, see Personalize the user experience.
- Edit basic control values in task recordings – For more information, see Task recorder resources.
- Scanning files and attachments for malicious code – For more information, see File upload control and Configure document management.
- Show related document attachments – For more information, see Configure document management.
- Finance and Operations entities in Dataverse as virtual entities – For more information, see Microsoft Power Platform integration with Finance and Operations.
- Customer and vendor master data can be enabled using Feature Management – For more information, see Customer and vendor master data sharing.
- Finance and Operations licensing – The product name, such as Dynamics 365 Finance, Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, or Dynamics 365 Commerce, is displayed in the navigation bar and reflects the base license associated with the current user.
For information about the bug fixes that are included in this update, sign in to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS), and view the KB article.
Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 1 plan
Wondering about upcoming and recently released capabilities in any of our business apps or platform?
Check out the Dynamics 365: 2020 release wave 1 plan. We've captured all the details, end to end, top to bottom, in a single document that you can use for planning.
Removed and deprecated platform features
The Removed or deprecated platform features topic describes features that have been removed, or that are planned for removal in platform updates of Finance and Operations apps.
- A removed feature is no longer available in the product.
- A deprecated feature isn't in active development and might be removed in a future update.
A deprecation notice will be added in the Removed or deprecated platform features topic 12 months before the removal of any feature from the product.
For breaking changes that affect only compilation time, but that are binary-compatible with sandbox and production environments, the deprecation time will be less than 12 months. Typically, these changes are functional updates that must be made to the compiler.