Create new users
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is now being licensed as Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For more information about these licensing changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Update.
Users are internal employees of your organization, or external customers and vendors, who require access to the system to do their jobs.
Associate a user with a license (new license types only)
For customers who are on one of the new license types that were added in October 2019, users must be associated with a license. Users who are associated with a license are automatically added as system users who have no roles the first time that they sign in. Users who aren't associated with a licence receive a warning message.
Add a new user
- Go to System administration > Users > Users.
- On the Action Pane, select New.
- In the User ID field, enter a unique identifier for the user. A user ID is required.
- In the User name field, enter the user's name.
- In the Domain field, enter the user's domain.
- In the Alias field, enter the user's alias.
- In the Company field, select the desired company.
- On the User's roles FastTab, select Assign roles to assign users to security roles
- Select OK.
- Select Save.
- On the Action Pane, select Import users.
- In the list, mark the selected row.
- Select Import users.
- Select Close.