What's new December 2021 - Project Operations lite deployment
Applies To: Lite deployment - deal to proforma invoicing
This topic applies to the following components and versions of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations:
- Project Operations in a Dataverse environment version 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
Features included in this release
- Subcontracting project team members: A project manager can create named or generic team members with subcontracts and subcontract lines to impact staffing and estimation.
- Subcontracting options for project team members: When making staffing choices for named or generic project team members, the project manager can review existing subcontracts or create new subcontracts for one or more project team members.
- Cost estimation of subcontracted resource assignments: Project cost estimation will take into account subcontracted resource assignments and will cost them using the purchase price lists associated with subcontracts.
- Configure Schedule Board to show contract workers and subcontracted capacity: Schedule board in Project Operations can now be configured to search for and suggest contract worker type of bookable resources and subcontracted capacity along with employees. This configuration can be applied when searching for resources within the context of staffing for a specific project requirement or when searching outside of the context of a project requirement.
- Staffing a project with contract workers and subcontracted capacity: Contract workers can now be booked on projects leveraging schedule board experiences.
- Recording time, expenses, and material usage on projects for subcontracted components: Contract workers can record time and expenses, and project team members can also record usage of materials purchased using a subcontract on a project. This will result in recording accurate costs on projects that use purchased capacity or materials.
- State transitions on a subcontract: Subcontracts can be confirmed to complete negotiation with the vendor, closed to indicate completion of delivery, or canceled to indicate termination of contract with the vendor before completion of delivery.
- Improved troubleshooting for system administrators. When a user can't open a project, the administrator can review non-license related errors generated from Project for the web in Project scheduling logs.
- Use task checklists in Microsoft Project for the web. In Microsoft Project for the web, you can add a checklist to a task to keep track of specific items.
|Feature area||Reference number||Quality update|
|Planning and Tracking||2392596||Schedule APIs now allow updates to the Effort remaining, Effort completed, and % Complete fields.|
|Planning and Tracking||2478497||Schedule APIs Activity number and Task ID fields can be blank on input because the system will populate them using automated numbering.|
|Time and Expense||2468135||The number of approval retries is reduced from five to three.|
|Time and Expense||2468188||Fixed the issue with log text exceeding the maximum length in the notetext attribute of the annotation entity.|
Submit and view feedback for