Local and regional deployments
If your government regulations require data to be stored differently or serviced differently than is required for other countries/regions, there might be country/region requirements you must consider when you deploy Finance and Operations. Consider the following resources that might be relevant to you:
Localization and regulatory features
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations includes functionality for the country/regions documented in the Product localization and translation availability guide. This functionality is enabled based on the primary address of the active legal entity.
This topic includes lists of resources that can help you do the following:
- Learn more about developing country/region-specific solutions.
- Get country/region specific updates.
- Submit and review regulatory alerts.
- Learn how to use country/region specific functionality.
Developing localized solutions
The following resources provides guidance and information that can help developers and ISVs who are creating country/region-specific customizations or are creating a solution for a country that Microsoft does not support.
- Separate localization models
- Apply country/region context
- Regulatory certifications
- Classify localization features
- Country Codes - ISO 3166
Regulatory updates and communication
The following resources provide information about planned and new localization features.
Communication and alerts
- Regulatory watch and regulatory update communication
- Inform Microsoft about country/region regulation alerts and track the status of regulatory features
Dynamics 365 release notes
The Dynamics 365 release notes provide descriptions of new and enhanced capabilities that are planned for Dynamics 365 business applications and application platforms.
Finance and Operations what's new
The What's new content lists the features that are included in specific releases of Finance and Operations.
The Electronic reporting (ER) tool allows you to configure formats for electronic documents in accordance with the legal requirements of various countries/regions. ER lets you manage these formats during their lifecycle. For more information, refer to one of the following topics:
- Electronic reporting overview
- Manage the Electronic reporting configuration lifecycle
- Create an Electronic reporting configuration
- Extend the list of Electronic reporting functions
- Electronic reporting destinations
- Download Electronic reporting configurations from Lifecycle Services
- Import Electronic reporting configurations
- Configure Electronic reporting to pull data into Power BI
- Generate electronic documents and update application data using the Electronic reporting tool
Task guides are available from the product help pane and they provide a guided walk-through of key business processes. You can open a task guide to read the steps of a business process or you can play a task guide to walk through a business process and enter data.
To find task guides, navigate to a page in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and click Help. Task guides that use the page are listed in the help pane. You can also use the help pane to search for task guides by title.
To learn more, see Task guides.
Country/region specific help content
Send feedback about: