|Applies to: Intune in the Azure portal|
|Looking for documentation about Intune in the classic portal? Go here.|
When to use custom settings
Custom device settings can be useful when Intune doesn't have the settings you want to configure built-in, and available from other device profiles. Custom settings are configured differently for each platform. For example, with Android and Windows devices, you can specify Open Mobile Alliance Uniform Resource Identifier (OMA-URI) values to control features on devices. For Apple devices, you can import a file you created with the Apple Configurator.
Use the information in this topic to learn the basics about configuring profiles with custom settings, and then read further topics for each platform to learn about device specifics.
Create a device profile containing custom settings
- Sign into the Azure portal.
- Choose More Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
- On the Intune blade, choose Device configuration.
- On the Device Configuration blade, choose Manage > Profiles.
- On the profiles blade, choose Create Profile.
- On the Create Profile blade, enter a Name and Description for the custom profile.
- From the Platform drop-down list, select the device platform to which you want to apply custom settings. Currently, you can choose one of the following platforms for custom device settings:
- Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows 10 and later
- From the Profile type drop-down list, choose Custom.
- Depending on the platform you chose, the settings you can configure will be different. Go to one of the following topics for detailed settings for each platform:
- When you're done, go back to the Create Profile blade, and hit Create.
The profile will be created and appears on the profiles list blade. If you want to go ahead and assign this profile to groups, see How to assign device profiles.