Learn to implement IPAM to help manage your organization’s DHCP and DNS servers and to manage IP address space.
Contoso, Ltd. is a financial services company in Seattle with major offices located throughout the world. Most of its compute environment runs on-premises on Windows Server. This includes virtualized workloads on Windows Server 2016 hosts.
Contoso IT staff are migrating Contoso on-premises servers to Windows Server 2019. As a Windows Server infrastructure administrator, you're responsible for managing and maintaining the networking infrastructure for Windows Server that will help Contoso achieve its business goals.
After completing this module, you’ll know how to use IP Address Management (IPAM) to manage DHCP and DNS servers. You'll also learn how to use IPAM to manage IP addressing and address spaces in your organization.
After completing this module, you'll be able to:
- Describe IPAM.
- Deploy IPAM.
- Describe how to administer IPAM.
- Configure IPAM options.
- Manage DNS zones with IPAM.
- Manage DHCP servers with IPAM.
- Use IPAM to manage IP addressing.
To get the best learning experience from this module, you should have knowledge of and experience with:
- Active Directory Domain Services concepts and technologies.
- Windows Server.
- Core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and DHCP.
- Windows PowerShell basics.