Exercise - InnerSource fundamentals
In this exercise, you'll use GitHub Learning Lab to learn how to manage a successful InnerSource program on GitHub through effective discoverability, guidance, and maintenance.
GitHub Learning Lab is an integrated experience that's easy to use. You'll get feedback and instructions throughout the lab as you work in your GitHub repository.
Here are a few suggestions to make the Learning Lab exercise more enjoyable.
- GitHub Learning Lab is installed on your account in the first step of this lab. If you're asked, be sure to install it on all repositories. This won't affect the organizations of which you're a member, just the personal repositories that the lab creates for you.
- After the install, you may be returned to the main page. To get back to your lab, just use the button on the bottom of this page.
- GitHub will create a repository for you to use. Give permissions to GitHub Learning Lab.
- GitHub Learning Lab will set itself as a reviewer on your pull requests so that it can give you the next steps just in time. Sometimes reviewing your pull request will take a few minutes.
- When you're given a link for creating or editing a file or told to open a tab, be sure to open it in another tab in your browser. This way, you can come back to the instructions without leaving the file.
- Comments and instructions will continue on your pull request or in an issue on your repository.
When you've finished the exercise in GitHub, return here for:
- A quick knowledge check
- A summary of what you've learned
- To earn a badge for completing this module