Automating Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) related tasks allows administrators to considerably reduce the time and effort that it takes to add, remove, or update users, user roles, and objects in the Active Directory server. Any company with multiple users would greatly benefit from automating Active Directory user and object management.
Consider the example of a large company whose IT department must create a new Active Directory user for every new hire. The new employee’s details are received by email from the Human Resources department, and then the email will be parsed and the employee’s details will be stored in variables.
Power Automate Desktop connects to the Active Directory server and then creates a new user with the provided details and credentials. Then, the user will be added to a group, and a computer object will be created for them as well.
This module demonstrates some of the most common uses of Active Directory actions.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Connect to an Active Directory Server
- Manage users, groups, and objects with Active Directory actions
To complete this module successfully, make sure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Windows Server 2016 or later
- Administrator rights
- Access to Active Directory users and computers
- Basic familiarity with flow design
- Familiarity with Active Directory
- Access to the command prompt