Security is top-of-mind for most people working in technology, and this is especially true when it comes to software. It seems we are constantly hearing about companies and governments that we entrusted our private data to, being compromised. When this happens - either maliciously or accidentally, it costs them customers and, ultimately money.
Did you know that the most common cause of data breaches is poor security in software? It's true. This means that the pressure is on for software developers to be more diligent than ever. But where do they begin? This module is the start of your journey into the world of application security, with the top five defenses for web applications. Learn how to secure your web applications on Azure and protect your apps against the most common and dangerous web application attacks.
In this module, you will:
- Use Azure Security Center
- Verify your application's inputs and outputs
- Store your secrets into Key Vault
- Ensure you are using the latest version of your framework, and its security features
- Validate that your program dependencies and libraries are safe to use