Authentication in Teams
General information on authentication flow as it applies to any authentication provider:
- Authentication flow in tabs describes how tab authentication works in Teams. This shows a typical web based authentication flow used for tabs.
- Authentication flow in bots describes how authentication works within a bot in your app in Teams. This shows a non-web based authentication flow used for bots on all versions of Teams (web, desktop app, and mobile apps)
Detailed implementation walkthroughs for authentication using Azure Active Directory:
- AAD authentication in tabs describes how to connect to Azure Active Directory from within a tab in your app in Teams.
- AAD authentication in bots describes how to connect to Azure Active Directory from within a bot in your app in Teams.
- Silent authentication (AAD) describes how to implement single sign on (SSO) in your app using Azure Active Directory. Currently SSO only works for tabs.
Sample code showing bot authentication in Node:
Sample code showing tab authentication for C# and Node: