Purchase third-party apps for Teams
This feature is currently only available in the United States.
Teams apps are free to install and some may require purchasing service subscriptions to experience the app's full functionality and scope. These service subscriptions are called Software as a Service (SaaS) offers, which are available for purchase through AppSource and now through the Microsoft Teams admin center.
The Manage apps page in the Microsoft Teams admin center is where you view and manage all Teams apps for your organization. For example, you can see the org-level status and properties of apps, upload new custom apps to your organization's app store, block or allow apps at the org level, and manage org-wide app settings.
Here, you can also purchase licenses for services offered by third-party apps for users in your organization. The Licenses column in the table indicates whether an app offers a SaaS subscription for purchase.
Search for and purchase services for a third-party app
- In the left navigation of the Microsoft Teams admin center, go to Teams apps > Manage apps. You must be a global admin or Teams service admin to access the page.
- Search for the app that you want. To identify apps that have a paid SaaS subscription, look in the Licenses column. Each app will have one of the following values:
- Purchase now: The app offers a SaaS subscription and is available to purchase.
- Purchased: The app offers a SaaS subscription and you've purchased licenses for it.
- - -: The app doesn't offer a SaaS subscription.
- When you find the app, click Purchase now to go to the Plans and pricing tab of the app details page. Review the plans and pricing information for the SaaS offer for the app. If you need more information, click the learn more link to go to the app's page on AppSource.
- To buy a plan, click Purchase now. You'll be redirected to the purchase experience for the offer associated with the Teams app. This is where you'll complete your purchase of the service or SaaS offer.
- Choose the plan that you want. If the SaaS offer includes more than one plan, click Change to see the list of available plans.
- Select your billing term (either Monthly or Yearly), and then enter the number of user licenses that you want to buy.
- Enter your payment method.
- When you're ready, select Place order.
- Click Configure now to activate your subscription on the publisher's website.
After you've purchased the SaaS offer associated with the Teams app, you can view the following purchase details on the Plans and pricing tab of the app details page.
- License activation date: Date on which your license was activated. If your account isn't yet set up, this shows as Subscription pending activation.
- Licenses: Number of licenses you purchased.
Select Manage licenses to go to the Microsoft 365 admin center to view and manage the licenses you purchased and to manage license assignments for users.
Global admins can view the purchases made by anyone in the organization whereas Teams service admins can only view the purchases made by themselves.
Have a SaaS offer for a Teams app that you want to list and sell in the Microsoft Teams admin center and AppSource?
Developers can create SaaS offers associated with their Teams apps. These offers are published through Partner Center and are available for organizations to purchase through AppSource and the Microsoft Teams admin center.
Third-party app developers can go to Create a SaaS offer for more information.