Applies to: OneNote Online
The following links show the high level OneNote objects available in the API. Each object page link contains a description of the properties, events, and methods available on the object. Explore these links to learn more.
Application: The top-level object used to access all globally addressable OneNote objects, such as the active notebook and the active section.
Notebook: A notebook. Notebooks contain section groups and sections.
- NotebookCollection: A collection of notebooks.
SectionGroup: A section group. Section groups contain section groups and sections.
- SectionGroupCollection: A collection of section groups.
Section: A section. Sections contain pages.
- SectionCollection: A collection of sections.
Page: A page. Pages contain PageContent objects.
- PageCollection: A collection of pages.
PageContent: A top-level region on a page that contains content types such as Outline or Image. A PageContent object can be assigned a position on the page.
- PageContentCollection: A collection of PageContent objects, which represents the contents of a page.
Outline: A container for Paragraph objects. An Outline is a direct child of a PageContent object.
Image: An Image object. An Image can be a direct child of a PageContent object or a Paragraph.
Paragraph: A container for the visible content on a page. A Paragraph is a direct child of an Outline.
- ParagraphCollection: A collection of Paragraph objects in an Outline.
RichText: A RichText object.
Table: A container for TableRow objects.
TableRow: A container for TableCell objects.
- TableRowCollection: A collection of TableRow objects in a Table.
TableCell: A container for Paragraph objects.
- TableCellCollection: A collection of TableCell objects in a TableRow.