Common billing scenarios for CSP program partners working in Partner Center
Appropriate roles: Admin agent | Billing admin | Helpdesk agent | Sales agent
These articles explain what you should expect to see on your bill after you add new subscriptions, adjust the number of licenses to a subscription, or cancel a subscription. Other Partner Center billing types, such as usage-based and license-based subscriptions, are billed differently.
Change billing frequency
Billing frequency is changed at the order level, and once the frequency is changed, the revised billing cycle will be applied to all the subscriptions within that order.
To change the billing frequency of an online service for a customer:
- Sign in to the Partner Center dashboard.
- In the left-hand menu, choose Customers.
- Select the customer whose subscription billing frequency you want to change.
- On the customer's Subscriptions page, select the subscription that you want to change.
- On the Details page, under Billing frequency, select Monthly or Annual. You'll see a confirmation page with important information about changing billing frequency, as well as a list of the subscriptions about to be changed.
- Choose OK to make the change (or Cancel to undo it).
|Type of billing||Scenarios covered|
|Monthly billing||Adding new subscriptions, changing license quantity, and suspending subscriptions.|
|Annual billing||Adding new subscriptions, adding licenses before your billing date, change license quantity, and suspending and reactivating subscriptions.|
|Billing for one-time and select recurring purchases||Purchasing subscriptions, adding more subscriptions, adding and removing licenses.|
|Billing for license-based SaaS subscriptions||Free trials for license-based software as a service (SaaS) subscriptions. Purchasing and canceling custom meter SaaS subscriptions.|