Use solutions in PowerApps
Within PowerApps, you can view a list of solutions by selecting Solutions in the left navigation. You can then select a solution to view all of its components.
The solutioning experience is available only online and for environment version 22.214.171.1247 and later. To check your version, please go to …PowerApps admin center> Environments > select your environment > Details tab. For earlier version environments, selecting a solution opens it in the classic experience.
You can browse through all the components in a solution by scrolling through the items. If there are more then 100 items in the list you can select Load the next 100 items to see more.
Search and filter in a solution
You can also search for a specific component by its name.
Or filter all items in the list by the component type.
As you select each component, the actions available in the command bar will change depending on the type of the component you have selected and if the solution is the default or a managed one.
When you don't select any component, the command bar will show actions applied to the solution itself.
Create components in a solution
With solutions that are unmanaged or the default one, you can use the New command to create different types of components. This takes you to a different create experience depending on the component type that you choose. After you finish creating the component, it will be added to the solution.
Add an existing component to a solution
With solutions that are unmanaged and not the default one, you can use the Add existing command to bring in components that aren’t already in the solution.
With solutions that are managed, only certain commands are available and you’ll see the message as shown below. You’ll need to add it to another unmanaged solution that you’ve created to customize the component. The component might not be customizable. More information: Managed properties
Many of the customizations you’ll want to do will involve entities. You can use the Entity filter to show a list of all the entities in the current solution that can be customized in some way. Once you drill into an entity, you can see the components that are part of the entity as shown with the account entity in the following screenshot.
Classic solution explorer
In PowerApps, you can view the classic solution explorer by selecting Solutions in the left navigation pane, and then selecting Switch to classic in the command bar. Classic solution explorer is the one that was previously available through the Settings > Advanced customizations area in PowerApps.
- Custom connectors are not available in a solution.
- Canvas apps must be played after a solution is imported to authorize the connections.
- If a canvas app is packaged in a managed solution it can still be edited in the target environment, but not re-published.
- Deleting a managed solution will not rollback to a different canvas app's version.
- Canvas app access (CRUD and security) is managed entirely in PowerApps and not the Common Data Service (Common Data Service) database.
- Common Data Service APIs to call canvas apps are blocked and don't return anything.
- Canvas apps created from a solution can't be shared as co-owner to an AAD Security Group.
- Canvas apps won't display in the classic solution explorer.
- Flows created from solutions will not be displayed in the "Team Flows" list
- Button triggered flows are not available in solutions.
- Canvas app triggered flows are not available in solutions.
- Flows triggered from Microsoft 365 applications such as Excel are not available in solutions.
- Flows that connect to SharePoint are not available in solutions.
- Flows in solutions don't support delegated authentication. For example, access to a flow is not automatically granted based on having access to the SharePoint list the flow was created from.
For details about customizing the individual components in a solution, see the following topics: