Deploying Reporting Services
This section contains topics to help you deploy Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. Deployment and configuration steps are necessary for all report server instances that were not installed in the default configuration. If you chose the Install but do not configure the server option, the report server will require additional configuration before it is ready to use.
To deploy a report server, you can use the Reporting Services Configuration tool. If you are configuring a large number of servers, you might want to automate some configuration tasks. For more information, see Scripting Deployment and Administrative Tasks.
Deploying Reporting Services requires knowledge of Web servers, Microsoft SQL Server, and ASP.NET applications.
In This Section
- Planning a Reporting Services Deployment
Compares the deployment configurations and provides information about connections, accounts, and considerations for running a report server in a multi-lingual environment.
- Configuring a Report Server for Internet Access
Describes approaches for making report server content available over Internet connections.
- Configuring a Report Server Scale-Out Deployment
Describes requirements and provides steps for deploying a report server in a scale-out deployment.
- Configuring Reporting Services for SharePoint 3.0 Integration
Provides guidelines and steps for configuring report server integration with an instance of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Deploying Reporting Services and Windows SharePoint Services Side-by-Side
Describes the configuration steps required to run the services together on the same Web server.
- Server Deployment Checklist
Provides a checklist for deploying a report server in a standard deployment.
- Report Deployment Checklist
Provides a checklist for deploying reports.
- Scripting Deployment and Administrative Tasks
Provides information about automating deployment tasks through script files.
- Configuring Reporting Services Components
Provides information about settings used to configure specific report server components and data processing extensions.
- Reporting Services Configuration Files
Describes the configuration files that store application settings for a Reporting Services installation.