Register as a typography vendor
If you're involved in the design and development of typefaces, or make font related software you will want to be included in our comprehensive database of Type foundries and font related product vendors.
The Vendor ID identifies the company responsible for the marketing and distribution of a typeface. It is reasonable to assume that there will be 6 vendors of ITC Zapf Dingbats for use on desktop platforms in the near future (if not already). It is also likely that the vendors will have other inherent benefits in their fonts (more kern pairs, unregularized data, hand hinted, etc.). This identifier will allow for the correct vendor's type to be used over another, possibly inferior, font file.
If you are making TrueType or OpenType fonts you should also consider registering a four-letter 'Vendor ID' with us and include the ID in your fonts.
Registering or updating a Vendor ID
Font producers are under no obligation to register a Vendor ID with Microsoft. However, if they register with us and include their Vendor ID within their fonts, they will be assured that users will always be able to contact them, even if they change their Web or physical address.
To update your Vendor ID or any other part of your foundry email firstname.lastname@example.org with the updated information.
To register e-mail the following information to email@example.com.
- Vendor ID (Required)
- The Vendor ID you'd like to register (choose up to four letters - certain combinations can't be accepted)
- Foundry Name (Required)
- The name of the foundry you are attempting to register.
- E-mail Address
- Email is used for updates to the Vendor and for contact regarding issues.
- This email will not be shared or used except to contact/verify the foundry.
- This is not required but is helpful for us to contact and know who is contacting us.
- The link to your website if there is any.
- This is not required but does help others contact that foundry/vendor.
Placing a Vendor ID within a font
In Fontographer version 4.1 for Windows, you can set your Vendor ID from the 'Element', 'Font Info', 'OS/2 Data' dialog box. In FontLab 4.5 for Windows, you can set your Vendor ID in the 'File', 'Font Info', 'Version and Identification', 'Key identification settings', 'TrueType vendor code' combo box.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns you may have.