How to report a problem with Visual Studio 2017
If you experience a problem with Visual Studio, we want to know about it. Here's how to report the problem so that we can diagnose and fix it.
Sign in to Visual Studio
If you haven't already done so, sign in to Visual Studio before you report a problem. That way, you can report a problem that you're experiencing, and also vote or comment on it. You can even vote or comment on any other problem that you see posted, too.
- In Visual Studio, select Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem.
- If needed, select Sign In; it's on the right-hand side of the tool, as shown in the following screenshot.
Follow the instructions on-screen to sign in.
Search and vote for similar problems
- Search for your problem and see if others have reported it, too.
If someone has reported it, "up-vote" it to let us know.
Report a new problem
- If you don’t find what you're looking for, click the Report new problem button at the bottom of the screen.
- Create a descriptive title for the problem that will help us route it to the correct Visual Studio team.
Give us any additional details, and if possible, provide us with the steps to reproduce the problem.
Provide a screenshot and attachments (optional)
Choose to send your current screen to Microsoft. You can attach additional screenshots or other files by clicking the Attach Additional Files button.
Provide a trace and heap dump (optional)
Trace and heap dump files are useful in helping us diagnose problems. We appreciate it when you use the Report a Problem tool to record your repro steps and send the data to Microsoft. Here's how to do so.
- Click the Record tab.
Click Start Recording. Give permission to run the tool.
When the Steps Recorder tool appears, perform the steps that reproduce the problem.
- When you are done, click the Stop Record button.
- Wait a few minutes for Visual Studio to collect and package the information that you recorded.
Submit the report
Click the Submit button to send your report, along with any images and trace or dump files. (If the Submit button is grayed out, make sure that you have provided a title and description for the report.)
If you cannot complete the Visual Studio installation, or you cannot access the feedback tool within Visual Studio, the feedback tool is also available from the Visual Studio Installer. Click the feedback icon in the upper-right corner of the Visual Studio Installer and then follow the steps outlined in this article.