How to report a problem with Visual Studio 2017
If you experience a problem with Visual Studio, we want to know about it. Here's how to report the problem so that we can diagnose and fix it.
Sign in to Visual Studio
If you haven't already done so, sign in to Visual Studio before you report a problem. That way, you can report a problem that you're experiencing, and also vote or comment on it. You can even vote or comment on any other problem that you see posted, too.
- In Visual Studio, select Help > Send Feedback > Report a Problem.
- If you are not signed in, select Sign In; it's on the right-hand side of the tool, as shown in the following screenshot.
Follow the instructions on-screen to sign in.
- Search for your problem and see if others have reported it, too.
If someone has reported it, "up-vote" it to let us know.
- If you don’t find what you're looking for, choose the Report new problem button at the bottom of the screen.
- Create a descriptive title for the problem that helps us route it to the correct Visual Studio team.
Give us any additional details, and if possible, provide us with the steps to reproduce the problem.
Choose to send your current screen to Microsoft. You can attach additional screenshots or other files by choosing the Attach Additional Files button.
Trace and heap dump files are useful in helping us diagnose problems. We appreciate it when you use the Report a Problem tool to record your repro steps and send the data to Microsoft. Here's how to do so.
- Choose the Record tab.
Choose Start Recording. Give permission to run the tool.
When the Steps Recorder tool appears, perform the steps that reproduce the problem.
- When you are done, choose the Stop Record button.
- Wait a few minutes for Visual Studio to collect and package the information that you recorded.
Choose the Submit button to send your report, along with any images and trace or dump files. (If the Submit button is grayed out, make sure that you've provided a title and description for the report.)
Report a problem by using the Visual Studio Installer
If you can't complete the Visual Studio installation or you can't access the feedback tool within Visual Studio, you can report a problem by using the Visual Studio Installer. To do so, choose the feedback icon in the upper-right corner of the Visual Studio Installer.
Search for problems and solutions by using the Visual Studio developer community
If you don't want to or can't use Visual Studio to report a problem, there's a chance that the problem has already been reported and a solution posted in the Visual Studio developer community. For more information, see the Visual Studio Developer Community page.
Provide product feedback or a suggestion
If you don't have a problem to report but want to provide product feedback or a suggestion, there's a place for that, too. For more information, see the UserVoice page.