Visual Studio 2019 for Mac Preview Release Notes
Install the Preview of Visual Studio 2019 for Mac by updating to the Preview channel.
This release is not "go-live" and not intended for use on production computers or for creating production code.
To learn more about other related downloads, see the Downloads page.
What's New in 8.0 Preview
Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.0 Preview Releases
- April 4, 2019 – Visual Studio 2019 for Mac version 8.0.2
- This release adds support for Xcode 10.2.
We would love to hear from you! You can report a problem through the Report a Problem option in Visual Studio for Mac IDE. You can track your feedback, including suggestions, in the Developer Community portal.
released April 9, 2019
This release adds support for Xcode 10.2
This release also adds the following features:
- The IDE Shell showed on first launch because of NPS prompt, this meant that you had to quit and restart to use the IDE.
- NullReferenceException is throwing after deleting VSMac preferences, causing issues with the updater.
- Visual Studio freezes when closing and opening a solution from welcome in full screen.
- Templates for .NET Core not found.
- Scrollbar should adhere to macOS preferences in the Start Window.
- Change the project target causes Visual Studio to crash.
- About Visual Studio Modal dialog positioning is off.
- Updater breaks update all the products if there is an exception from any product.