WMI Performance Counter Types
The performance counter type designates a formula required to obtain calculated performance counters. These are the same counter types used by Windows Performance Monitoring. In WMI performance classes, the raw data for the counter type formula comes from a Win32_PerfRawData class and the calculated result is found in the same-named property of a corresponding Win32_PerfFormattedData class.
For example, the AvgDiskBytesPerRead property in the Win32_PerfRawData_PerfDisk_LogicalDisk class is the raw data source for the AvgDiskBytesPerRead property in the class Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfDisk_LogicalDisk, which contains the same data as shown in System Monitor.
The following list organizes counter type descriptions by functional type:
- Base Counter Types
- Basic Algorithm Counter Types
- Counter Algorithm Counter Types
- Noncomputational Counter Types
- Precision Timer Algorithm Counter Types
- Queue-length Algorithm Counter Types
- Statistical Counter Types
- Timer Algorithm Counter Types