How to enable tracing for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router
This article introduces how to enable tracing for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 E-mail Router.
Applies to: Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Original KB number: 2862024
You can update the Microsoft Dynamics CRM E-mail Router service to enable tracing. To do this, you must modify the registry and XML service configurations.
To enable verbose operations log level, you must manually update the configuration by updating the registry. To do this, follow these steps:
- Sign in to the server where the Microsoft CRM E-mail Router is installed by using local administrator permissions.
- Select Start, select Run, type regedit, and then select OK.
- Locate and then select the registry subkey:
- Right-click the LogLevel registry entry, select Modify, and then change the value to 3. By default, this value is set to 1.
- Update the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml configuration file for the E-mail Router Service. To do this, follow these steps:
In Windows Explorer, locate the Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml file. By default, this file is located in the following folder:
SystemDrive:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Email\Service
Open the file by using Notepad or another text-editing program.
In the file, examine the <SystemConfiguration> node, and then scroll down the text toward the end of the file to find the following statement:
By default, this value is set to 1 (one). Modify this statement so that it reads <LogLevel>3</LogLevel>.
Save the file.
Restart the E-mail Router Service. You will find a new Event Viewer log view that is named MSCRMEmailLog. It is in this Event Viewer log view that the events appear.