If you'd like to see us expand this article with more information, such as potential use cases, alternative services, implementation considerations, or pricing guidance, let us know with GitHub Feedback!
Microsoft HPC Pack is a free high-performance computing (HPC) solution built on Microsoft Azure and Windows Server technologies. HPC Pack combines a comprehensive set of deployment, administration, job scheduling, and monitoring tools for your Windows and Linux HPC cluster environment, providing a flexible platform for developing and running HPC applications on premises and in Azure.
This solution shows the process for using HPC Pack to create a hybrid (on-premises and Azure) HPC environment.
The links below provide documentation on deploying and managing the Azure products that are included in this solution idea:
Download an SVG of this architecture.
- Log into an on-premises head node.
- Add Azure compute nodes to the cluster.
- Start the compute nodes.
- Submit jobs to the cluster.
- HPC Pack sends jobs to on-premises and Azure nodes, based upon the node group selected.
- Monitor the job progress.
- Stop the compute nodes or configure autoscaling.
- Virtual Machines: Create Linux and Windows virtual machines in seconds.
- Microsoft HPC Pack: Free high-performance computing (HPC) solution built on Microsoft Azure and Windows Server technologies.