Overview of Availability Zones in Azure (Preview)
Availability Zones help to protect you from datacenter-level failures. They are located inside an Azure region, and each one has its own independent power source, network, and cooling. To ensure resiliency, there's a minimum of three separate zones in all enabled regions. The physical and logical separation of Availability Zones within a region protects applications and data from zone-level failures.
Regions that support Availability Zones
- East US 2
- West Europe
Services that support Availability Zones
The Azure services that support Availability Zones are:
- Linux Virtual Machines
- Windows Virtual Machines
- Zonal Virtual Machine Scale Sets
- Managed Disks
- Load Balancer
Supported virtual machine size families
Get started with the Availability Zones preview
The Availability Zones preview is available in the East US 2 and West Europe regions for specific Azure services.
- Sign up for the Availability Zones preview.
- Sign in to your Azure subscription.
- Choose a region that supports Availability Zones.
- Use one of the following links to start using Availability Zones with your service.