What is AI Builder?
AI Builder is a Microsoft Power Platform capability that provides AI models that are designed to optimize your business processes. AI Builder enables your business to use AI to automate processes and glean insights from your data in Power Apps and Power Automate. AI Builder is a turnkey solution that brings the power of AI through a point-and-click experience, so you don't need coding or data science skills to access the power of AI. With AI Builder, you can build custom models tailored to your needs, or choose a prebuilt model that is ready to use for many common business scenarios.
How can I add intelligence to my business?
Using AI is easy thanks to integration with Power Apps and Power Automate. Adding intelligence to your business is simple:
- Choose an AI model type: Use the model type that suits your business need. Choose from a growing set of AI solutions.
- Connect data: Select your business-specific data from the available options.
- Tailor your AI model: Depending on the type of model, you can tweak custom models to optimize how your AI performs.
- Train your AI model: Training is an automatic process, where AI Builder "teaches" your AI model how to resolve your business problem (for example, how to recognize your products on an image) thanks to your business data and tailoring. When trained, your AI model can generate insights such as the result of a prediction, or the list and number of objects detected in an image.
- Use insights from your AI model: Use the results from your AI model across Microsoft Power Platform to create solutions that meet your business needs, even if you have no coding skills. For example, you can create a flow that automates document processing in Power Automate or an app in Power Apps that predicts whether a supplier will be out of compliance.
How can I learn to use AI Builder?
Getting started with AI Builder is easy thanks to the learning resources and information that we've made available:
- AI Builder learning paths and modules
- AI Builder community forums
- AI Builder hands-on labs
- Work with sample data
- AI Builder licensing
- Some features in AI Builder haven't been released yet for general availability (GA) and remain in preview status. For more information, go to Release status later in this topic.
- Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.
- Administrators can control preview feature availability for their environment by using the Power Platform admin center. More information: Enable or disable AI Builder preview features
AI Builder was released for public preview on June 10, 2019. Over time, most features have been released for general availability (GA). As new features are added, they may remain as preview features until they are ready for GA release.
Because of technical dependencies, some features are released differently in various locations. For a breakdown of the release status of AI Builder features and model types for your region, go to Feature availability by region.
For information about license capacity, pricing, and restrictions:
If you are an administrator and want information on model and environments, go to Administer AI Builder.
For information on security for administrators, go to Roles and security in AI Builder.