This article provides the requirements for the various levels of co-sell status. For the latest list of offer types that support co-sell, see Configure Co-sell for a commercial marketplace offer. For an overview of co-sell, see Co-sell with Microsoft sales teams and partners overview.
This table shows all possible co-sell statuses:
|Not co-sell ready||The minimum requirements for Co-sell ready status have not been met.|
|Co-sell ready||All requirements for Co-sell ready status have been met.|
|Azure IP Co-sell incentive||Co-sell ready requirements have been met in addition to these additional requirements.|
|Business Applications Co-sell incentive||This status applies to Dynamics 365 and Power Apps offers in the Microsoft Business Applications ISV Connect Program and indicates that all requirements for this status have been met.|
Requirements for Co-sell ready status
Any offer published through the commercial marketplace developer program in Partner Center is eligible to attain Co-sell Ready status, provided Co-sell Ready requirements are met. Office apps and add-ins are not eligible (e.g. Teams, SharePoint solutions, Outlook, Excel)
For an offer to achieve co-sell ready status, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have an MPN ID and an active commercial marketplace account in Partner Center.
- Make sure you have a complete business profile in Partner Center. As a qualified Microsoft partner, your business profile helps to showcase your business to customers who are looking for your unique solutions and expertise to address their business needs, resulting in referrals.
- Complete the Co-sell with Microsoft tab and publish the offer to the commercial marketplace.
- Provide a sales contact for each co-sell eligible geography and required bill of materials.
- For offers of the Service solution type, you must have an active gold competency in any competency area.
Business Applications ISVs:
- Dynamics 365 & Power Apps (except Dynamics 365 Business Central) solutions require ISV Connect enrollment.
Complete the Co-sell with Microsoft tab
When publishing or updating your offer, provide all the required information on the Co-sell with Microsoft tab as detailed in Configure Co-sell for a commercial marketplace offer. This includes providing the following documents:
- Solution/offer one-pager
- Solution/offer pitch deck
We provide templates to help you create these documents. For more information about the required and optional information for the Co-sell with Microsoft tab, see Configure Co-sell for a commercial marketplace offer.
Publish your offer live
To qualify for co-sell ready status, your offer or solution must be published live to at least one of the commercial marketplace online stores: Azure Marketplace or Microsoft AppSource. For information about publishing offers to the commercial marketplace, see Publishing guide by offer type. If you haven’t published an offer in the commercial marketplace before, make sure you have a commercial marketplace account.
Requirements for Azure IP Co-sell incentive status
Azure IP Co-sell incentive status applies to the following offer types:
- Azure Application
- Azure Container
- Azure Virtual Machine
- IoT Edge module
- Software as a service (SaaS)
After achieving Co-sell ready status, there are three additional requirements to achieve Azure IP Co-sell incentive status:
Requirement 1- achieve the following:
- At the organization level, generate at least $100,000 USD of Azure Consumed Revenue threshold over the trailing 12-month period. This can be obtained through a combination of Azure solutions. If the offer is transactable in the commercial marketplace, you can meet this requirement by meeting a billed revenue threshold of $100,000 USD.
Requirement 2 - Pass the Microsoft technical validation for an Azure-based solution:
- The technical validation must confirm that more than 50% of your offer’s infrastructure uses repeatable IP code on Azure. Note that transactable Azure VMs and Azure Application solutions on the commercial marketplace will meet this requirement by default.
Requirement 3 – Provide a reference architecture diagram:
- Upload a reference architecture diagram with your Co-sell documents in Partner Center for review. For guidance on creating this diagram, see Reference architecture diagram. For information about uploading the diagram, see Configure Co-sell for a commercial marketplace offer.
Requirements for Business Applications Co-sell incentive status
This status applies to IP-based solutions built on Dynamics 365 or Power Apps (except for Dynamics 365 Business Central) that are enrolled in the ISV Connect program. However, offers must also complete the requirements for Co-sell ready status (described above) in order for Microsoft sellers to be able to Co-sell the offer with you.