Migration of co-sell solutions from OCP GTM to the commercial marketplace
Microsoft is moving the publishing experience. The commercial marketplace provides simplified offer publishing to co-sell through Microsoft's three channels by centralizing offer creation and management in Partner Center, where you are already managing your relationship with Microsoft.
As a Microsoft partner enrolled in the commercial marketplace, you can:
- Publish your offers centrally and co-sell across Microsoft direct customer, partner, and seller channels.
- Ensure your offers are in the correct online store—Microsoft AppSource or Azure Marketplace—to reach the millions of cloud customers who align with your offer's capabilities.
- Drive your own publishing experience to co-sell with the offers that align with your business goals.
- Align your offer publishing within Partner Center, where you are already managing your Microsoft relationship and co-sell opportunities.
- Unlock Marketplace Rewards.
Prerequisites to continue co-selling with Microsoft
Ensure you have an active Microsoft Partner Network membership and are enrolled in the commercial marketplace in Partner Center.
- Join the Microsoft Partner Network at no cost. As a partner, you’ll have access to exclusive resources, programs, tools, and connections to grow your business.
- If you do not have an account in commercial marketplace, enroll now to continue co-selling with Microsoft and access the full publishing experience.
Publishing updates for attaining co-sell-ready status
For your solution to be discoverable to Microsoft sellers and partners, it must meet the co-sell ready requirements. For a Microsoft seller to be incentivized, your solution must meet the incentive-eligible requirements. Complete these requirements on the co-sell tab in Partner Center (see this image later in this article).
In commercial marketplace, your solutions are referred to as “offers” throughout the publishing experience.
After you’ve enrolled in the commercial marketplace, prepare to migrate your solutions from OCP GTM.
Follow these steps before importing your solutions from OCP GTM:
- Visit your company's publisher list. It includes the account owner, managers, and developers who have publishing access. Learn more about Partner Center user roles.
- Ask one of the listed contacts to add users to the commercial marketplace as managers or developers, since only these roles can edit and publish solutions.
- Work with your developers to move your solutions from your OCP GTM account to the commercial marketplace.
- Decide which of the following you want to do:
- Merge this solution with a similar offer in the commercial marketplace.
- Migrate this solution from OCP GTM to the commercial marketplace.
- Discard this solution.
Migrate your solutions from OCP GTM
Begin the migration here.
Select the Overview page, then Click here to get started.
To begin migrating, select the Solutions tab, which displays all the solutions associated to your MPN IDs.
This tab will note if there aren't any solutions pending to migrate to the commercial marketplace. To continue co-selling with Microsoft, ensure the migrated solutions are published to the commercial marketplace.
Select Begin migration (see image above) for the solution you want to migrate, then select one of the following options:
Merge solution with a similar offer
Select this option if the solution is already published in the commercial marketplace and the two should be merged into a single offer. This will avoid creating duplicate offers.
- Identify the existing offer.
- Select I want to merge this solution with a similar offer in the commercial marketplace (see Action required image above).
- The Action 1 tab shows live commercial marketplace offers that your OCP GTM solution can be associated with. Select the live offer from the list if you have one. If there is no list of offers to choose from, enter the customer-facing address (URL) from Microsoft AppSource or Azure Marketplace.
- Select Continue.
- Request the merge.
- The Action 2 tab shows directions to request the merge of your OCP GTM solution with the one you identified. To request the merge, select Save & Contact support, which opens a partner support page in a browser.
- Select Provide Issue Details and enter the following:
- Select Submit. The partner support team will contact you within two business days.
- Partner support will work with you to ensure a successful merge of this offer so it published as a live offer.
Migrate this solution from OCP GTM
Select this option when you may have an OCP GTM solution that does not yet have a corresponding offer published in the commercial marketplace. You will need to publish this solution to the commercial marketplace to continue co-selling with Microsoft and migrating this solution will save you time by retaining the information and bill of materials from OCP GTM. This option requires you to select an offer type.
Select I want to migrate this solution from OCP GTM to the commercial marketplace (see Action required image above), then Continue.
On the Action 1 tab, select the offer type, then Continue.
Select Create a draft offer to migrate your solution to the commercial marketplace as a draft. It will not be live yet.
Continue the publishing process in Partner Center. For assistance with publishing in Partner Center, see Make your offer live in the commercial marketplace below.
Discard this solution
Select this option when a solution in OCP GTM solutions is no longer relevant. You will be asked to confirm the discard, and you can also undo it later.
Select I want to discard this solution (see Action required image above), then Continue.
To undo your discard, select Undo Discard.
If you need additional help, select the Get Help tab to contact the partner support team.
Make your offer live in the marketplace
If you selected to migrate your offer to the commercial marketplace, it will arrive as a draft. You still need to publish your offer to make it live in the commercial marketplace; this will retain its co-sell status, incentives, and referral pipeline.
For detailed instructions on the information you need to provide before your offer can be published, read the appropriate publishing guide. For a summary, read below.
On the Overview page in Partner Center, select your draft offer name.
Complete the required information in each tab. Optionally, complete the Resell through CSPs page (in the left-nav menu below) to resell through the Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) program. The Learn more links and tooltips will guide you through the requirements and details.
Some of the Microsoft seller-facing details were copied over from the OCP GTM solution. Complete the remaining required information in the Co-sell with Microsoft tab to make your offer co-sell ready. When complete, select Review and publish. For more information, see Configure co-sell for a commercial marketplace offer.
After reviewing all submitted information, select Publish to submit your draft offer for certification review.
Track the status of your submission on the Overview tab.
We will notify you when our certification review is complete. If we provide actionable feedback, address it, then select Publish to initiate a recertification.
Once your offer passes certification, preview the offer with the link provided and make any final adjustments you may want. When you're ready, select Go live (see button above) to publish your offer to relevant commercial marketplace storefront(s). Once live, your offer will retain its co-sell status from the original OCP GTM solution.