Password. On Change Password Error(EventArgs) Method
Raises the ChangePasswordError event when the user's password is not changed.
protected: virtual void OnChangePasswordError(EventArgs ^ e);
protected virtual void OnChangePasswordError (EventArgs e);
abstract member OnChangePasswordError : EventArgs -> unit override this.OnChangePasswordError : EventArgs -> unit
Protected Overridable Sub OnChangePasswordError (e As EventArgs)
The OnChangePasswordError method is called when the membership provider specified in the MembershipProvider property encounters an error while attempting to change the user's password. The specified MembershipProvider object does not indicate the reason why changing the password failed, only that the password was not changed.
Use the OnChangePasswordError method to perform a custom action when the user's password is not changed.
Raising an event invokes the event handler through a delegate. For more information, see Server Event Handling in ASP.NET Web Forms Pages.
The OnChangePasswordError method also allows derived classes to handle the event without attaching a delegate. This is the preferred technique for handling the event in a derived class.
Notes to Inheritors
When overriding the OnChangePasswordError(EventArgs) method in a derived class, be sure to call the OnChangePasswordError(EventArgs) method for the base class so that registered delegates receive the event.
- OnBubbleEvent(Object, EventArgs)
- Server Event Handling in ASP.NET Web Pages
- ASP.NET Login Controls Overview
- Customizing Appearance and Behavior of the ASP.NET Login Controls
- ASP.NET Web Server Controls Templates
- How to: Display Different Information to Anonymous and Logged In Users
- Web Site Administration Tool Security Tab
- Securing Login Controls
- Basic Security Practices for Web Applications
- Securing Membership