Create a record template to facilitate data entry
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is now being licensed as Dynamics 365 Finance and Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. For more information about these licensing changes, see Dynamics 365 Licensing Update.
This topic demonstrates how to create a record template so that field values that are used often do not have to be entered explicitly for each new record. In this procedure, you’ll create a new record for new laptops that should be added to your fixed assets. This procedure uses the USMF sample company.
- In the navigation pane, go to Modules > Fixed assets > Fixed assets > Fixed assets.
- Select New.
- In the Fixed asset group field, enter or select a value.
- In the Name field, type a value. For example, enter Corporate lead laptop.
- In the Search name field, type a value. For example, enter laptop.
- Expand the Technical information section.
- In the Make, Model, and Model year fields, type values.
- On the Action Pane, select Options.
- Select Record info.
- Select User template.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- In the Description field, type a value.
- Select OK.
- Select Close.